Daily reflection _ source of our identity

SOURCE OF OUR IDENTIY
Who am I? Where am I?... What is the source of my identity? And what makes me the person I really ought to be?
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
In today's Responsorial Psalm we acclaim, "He remembers forever His Covenant which He made binding for a thousand generations..." (Ps 105:8). These words explain our own history, too. We often ask ourselves questions such as these: Who am I? Where am I? How have I reached for You in my life? How do I find myself in the safety of Your Church and the blessing of Your grace? What is the source of my identity? And what makes me the person I really ought to be?
When our heavenly Father established a relationship with Abraham, He offered him an unbreakable, everlasting Covenant. Jesus Christ came to fulfill that Covenant so that we could know the living God and be united with Him both now, and for all eternity. God made us to know Him and to be united with Him. He gives us the gifts of faith and understanding so that we may grow in the knowledge of what He has accomplished for us through His Son, Jesus.
How do you and I know if we have a Covenant relationship with God? During this Lenten journey, we need to look at our personal relationships; with our parents, brothers and sisters, children, co-workers and, we can't forget to look at ourselves.
Do an examination of conscience!