Daily Reflection _ thursday 26th week OT


MY REDEEMER LIVES!
The song, "My Redeemer Lives," touches the hearts of all Christian's. Its Christian lyrics lead one to rejoice in the resurrection of Jesus Christ and share in His victory; bringing hope to all who hear it. Job, in the first reading, seems to be a worthy precursor to this fundamental Christian belief as he asserts, "But as for me, I know that my Vindicator lives, and that He will at last stand forth upon the dust; Whom I myself shall see: my own eyes, not another's, shall behold Him, and from my flesh I shall see God; my inmost being is consumed with longing" (Job 19:25 - 27).
Job's faith is shared by the psalmist who also knows that God's glory is not reserved to future times or places. The psalmist writes, "I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living... Wait for the Lord with courage; be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord" (Ps 27:13 - 14). "The Kingdom of God is at hand for you," is Jesus' promise in today's Gospel. He calls forth disciples and gives them the vision of a great harvest for the Kingdom of heaven. He commissions them to be laborers for this abundant harvest. A harvest is the fruition of labor and growth - beginning with the sowing of seeds, then growth, and finally fruit for the harvest. In a similar manner, the Word of God is sown in the hearts of receptive men and women who hear His Word and who accept It with trust and obedience. St. John the Apostle tells us that "God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn 3:16).
When our heavenly Father gives us His Words, there comes with It the responsibility to reply. We are either for God or against God! Saint Francis of Assisi, whom the Church honors today, knew the proper response to God. He renounced his inheritance and turned firmly to God. He embraced poverty, led a life according to the Gospel, and set-out preaching the love of God to everyone.
He gives us His Word that we may have abundant life!