Daily reflection _ sunday of 3rd week of advent

GOD IS NEAR
In today's second reading from Paul to the Philippians, the theme is "Rejoice and be unafraid, for the Lord is near" (Phil 4:5). I would like to share with you my favorite prayer poem that is fitting for today's reflection.

                                        God Is Near
It matters not how far I go, or where my feet may stray...
I comfort in the knowing fact that God's not far away.

When I awake each morning, at home or in foreign lands,
my Lord is always present, with love, I grasp His hand.

He leads me through green pastures, along deep waters that are still,
through joy and sorrow, He is there, my life is His to will.

We need not seek a good luck charm, at home, or far off lands,
if God abides within our hearts, we can touch Him where we stand.    
Albert N. Theel

"Great in our midst is the Holy one of Israel, a mighty savior!" The prophet Zephaniah tells us in the first reading about the shout for joy, "for God is in our midst" ( Zeph 3: 15).  And in the responsorial psalm, Isaiah cries out with joy and gladness "Our strength and courage comes from God our Savior" (Is 12: 2).
I would like to close with a couple of questions to ponder on today as we continue our Advent journey:



-         When I look within myself, where do I find joy? Where does joy reside in me?
-         Do I make my requests known to God, as St. Paul urges, without anxiety and in prayer and thanksgiving?
-         To prepare the way, do I repent and share my possessions as St. John the Baptist encourages us today in the Gospel?