Daily reflection _ where I am bound

WHERE I AM BOUND
Jesus came as the divine physician and good shepherd
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
Today in the Gospel Acclamation we read: The Lord sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor and to proclaim liberty to the captives (Lk 4:18). These words are of great encouragement for us and helps draw us to the throne of God's mercy and grace. Mark's Gospel tells us that many people were drawn to Jesus, including the unwanted and the unloved, such as the lame, the blind, and the lepers, as well as the homeless such as widows and orphans. Public sinners, like prostitutes, and not so honest tax collectors, were also drawn to Jesus. He even pick the most unlikely candidate to be his disciple Matthew - a tax collector who was despised by the people around him.
When the Pharisees challenged Jesus for eating with sinners, Jesus' defense was quite simple. A doctor doesn't need to visit the healthy; instead he goes to those who are sick. Jesus likewise sought out those in need. A true physician seeks healing of the whole person - body and soul. Jesus came as the divine physician and good shepherd to care for each one of His people and to restore us to a wholeness of life.
Points to Pray and Ponder: from Lori Eberhardy,
"Where I'm Bound."
I am looking for comfort. They tell me all I have to do is ask and you will help me.
Simply.
I am in need of peace. They urge me to turn to you and you will grant my wish.
Silently.
I am searching for happiness. They tell me to open my heart and you will fill it with love.
Sweetly.
I am listening and I promise to accept your truth.
Sincerely.