Daily reflection _ great value that leads to understanding

GREAT VALUE THAT LEADS TO UNDERSTANDING
Jesus always told the disciples that it is "the truth that will make you free" and that there is a joy and freedom of living according to God's word and truth  
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
Wisdom is not the same thing as knowledge. Wisdom requires collective experience that has been subjected to careful prayer and to ponder on. The first reading of Sirach praises wisdom as the great value that leads to understanding. Ultimately a good life is one that rests on wisdom, Quite often the Gospels portray Jesus as a wise person. Even though he is not old, He demonstrates time and again those characteristics of understanding and good choices that manifest a depth of wisdom. Today's Gospel of Mark is one example. Jesus' opponents are attempting to test him and turn things upside down by confronting Him with clever word games that would force Him to say what He in fact would not want to say. Jesus immediately sees through it all and very wisely does not fall for it. He makes the good choice not even to play the game. Wisely Jesus turns the table on the opponents, forcing them to stop the nonsense.
Jesus always told the disciples that it is "the truth that will make you free" and that there is a joy and freedom of living according to God's word and truth... In the psalm it would be helpful to pray and reflect on these words: The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart (Ps 19.) We listen deeply to the message and take to heart. Jesus had taught us to pray that God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Our heavenly Father guides us to choose our direction and not to stray from the path that brings life and goodness.
I would like to end with this brief reflection written by Corrine De Winter:
The Wisdom To Know
There have been times
when I've allowed insignificant things
to overwhelm my life
and get the better of me.
There have been times
when I have been unforgiving
of myself and others.
When I caused hurt
where I could have healed,
when I had spoken
though silence was best.
Allow me to learn from these things
and let them go.
Allow me the wisdom to know
that at the time
I did my best.