Daily reflection _ our lives are in your hands

OUR LIVES ARE IN YOUR HANDS
Whatever life brings to you and me, we come to know that all that is to come will be in the Lord's loving hands.
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
In our responsorial psalm, we acclaim today, "Into Your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit. You are my rock and my stronghold. I put all my trust in You" (Ps 31 3-4). These words bring to us much joy. "You are my God." My fate is in Your hands. We receive a sense of relief coming over us, a feeling of satisfaction and safety in times of trouble. Whatever life brings to you and me, we come to know that all that is to come will be in the Lord's loving hands.
Let us ask Jesus to allow our faith to grow and to put an end to worry in our lives, so that we will continue to work for what is good. We want to  bring a happy face and a light heart to serve because we want to bring God's goodness to this world -- true treasure, and Jesus is that treasure.
In St. John's Gospel, Jesus says, "I am the Bread of Life," coming from the Father. The Bread which Jesus Christ offers is none else than the very Life of God. This is the True Bread that can truly satisfy the hunger in our hearts. And when we eat this Bread, it sustains us not only on our journey to heavenly paradise, it gives us the abundant supernatural life of God Himself, both for  now and for all eternity. At God's table we unite ourselves with Jesus Christ our Lord, who makes us sharers in His Body and Blood.
Peace has come to our hearts because "You are [our] God." Our lives are in Your hands