Daily reflection _ my life is in Your hands

MY LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS
Everyone has the need for the healing touch of Jesus Christ in some area of their lives.  
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
In today's Responsorial Psalm we acclaim, "I turn to You, Lord, in time of trouble, and You fill me with the joy of salvation" (Ps. 32:7). Those of us who turn to our heavenly Father will find our guilt covered and our joy restored. We need to reflect deeply on this Psalm, for we all have had times of trouble in our lives. There are times you and I can think about when we were dissatisfied with ourselves and angry at our own weaknesses. It could have been something hanging in the past, something that needed to be healed, some guilt, or an unfinished chapter. Have I confessed my faults to Him?
In the Gospel of Mark we hear the words of the leper who approached Jesus and said, "If You wish, You can make me clean" (Mk. 1:40). These could be the words of any one of us as we approach the sacraments. How do we see our own illnesses? Do we see them as a punishment or are we able to see them as a time of purification and a means of being strengthened in faith? Everyone has the need for the healing touch of Jesus Christ in some area of their lives. The Eucharist invites us to come to Jesus Whose Sacrifice carried the weight of all our sins and by His suffering, transformed the people of His time and all of humanity into the fulfillment of life and joy!
We all need realize and be able to say, "My life is in Your hands" (Ps. 31:16). May we hear the words of Saint Paul in his Letter to the Corinthians, "Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ" (1 Cor. 11:1). This is emulated by shaping our lives around Jesus and by being an example for others.
How can we imitate Christ Jesus more closely? In what ways can we model Him for others?