Daily reflection _ focus on finding


FOCUS ON FINDING
Jesus Christ "welcomes sinners and eats with them" (Lk 15:2)... Our Eucharist is powerful! Jesus still welcomes us and eats with us, bringing great joy to our lives!
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
In the Responsorial Psalm we acclaim: "I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living" (Ps 27:13). Seeking Jesus, we ask to dwell in the house of our heavenly Father and to live in His Kingdom for all eternity. God knows the human heart and He can enter it as He wills. It is for you and me to wait with patience, with longing, and with love. Let us do this with joy in our hearts, daily!
Jesus tells two parables in today's Gospel. We hear, "I have found my lost sheep" and the woman's exuberant exclamation, "I have found the coin that I lost" (Lk 15:6c, 9c)! The focus is on the finding, not on the losing. In Luke's Gospel, Jesus preaches and practices by means of bringing "glad news," not "sad news." Far be it for us to imitate the Pharisees who complained that Jesus Christ "welcomes sinners and eats with them" (Lk 15:2). It is better that we are among those who increase the joy of faith and know the power of repentance and prayer.
"I confess...that I have greatly sinned, in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done, and in what I have failed to do" (Confiteor). Our Eucharist is powerful! Jesus still welcomes us and eats with us, bringing great joy to our lives! St. Paul tells us that "None of us lives for oneself, and no one dies for oneself. For if we live, we live for the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord; so then, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's"(Rom 14:7-8).