Daily reflection _ strength to the weary

STRENGTH TO THE WEARY
No, God is not asleep and is with us.
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
We speak often about compassion fatigue, meaning that through our swift media we can be aware almost instantly of floods, starvation, hurricanes, slaughters, any sort of devastation almost anywhere in the world we live in. As a result we become sort of callous to new requests for help. We may feel a bit tired or possibly bored; the temptation may be to self-pity, too. We wonder, why do I, do all this when there seems so little appreciation at times, when I see no good come out of it.
In both of the readings today, we here the promise of some refreshment, a renewal of strength. We can't suddenly get very fervent and continuous in prayer and expect instant rest and refreshment. Jesus says, "Take my yoke upon your shoulders and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart. Your soul will find rest, for my yoke is easy and my burden light."
No, God is not asleep and is with us. God is without interruption actively in control of his creation, gently and wisely directing it to the goal of perfection.
Points to Pray and Ponder: God had a plan in mind all along. So do not grow weary, the Lord will renew your strength, so that you too will soar as eagles' wings.