Daily reflection _ know the power of a word

KNOW THE POWER OF A WORD
"The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us" (Jn1:14.)
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
In today's Responsorial Psalm we acclaim, "The Lord has remembered His mercy... for He does great things for us."
In the Gospel of Matthew we read about the centurion who comes to Jesus with a word of heartbreak. One of his servants is paralyzed and suffering. This centurion understands the power of a word. He knows that when he commands soldiers or his servants, the word he speaks makes things happen. And then he says to Jesus, "Only say the word and my servant will be healed." With a word, the centurion pleads to Jesus whom St. Augustine called God's Visible Word. The Gospel of John says of Jesus' birth, "The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us" (Jn1:14.) When our heavenly Father speaks the Word "Jesus," things happen. And when Jesus Christ speaks His own word, things happen.
I would like to share this Prayer of healing today:
Prayer For A Mantle Of Healing
I call nine blessings from above in the name of God the Father: the Creator, the Giver of Life, the Holder of Time...
Holder of Time... in the name of Jesus: the Savior, the Healer, the Lifter of Pain... in the name of the Holy Spirit: the Comforter, the Consoler, and the Sustainer of Life.
I wear a mantle of caring.
I wear a mantle of protection.
I wear a mantle of wholeness.
I wear a mantle of strength.
I wear a mantle of healing.
I wear a mantle of patience.
I wear a mantle to encircle me.
I wear a mantle to empower me.
I wear a mantle of peace.   Amen.
Jesus Christ's word alone heals the centurion's servant. "Only say the word, and I shall be healed." Know the power of the word!