Daily reflection _ bless those who fear Him

BLESS THOSE WHO FEAR HIM
“Let me find the grasp of Your Hand in my failure.” (Rabindranath Tagore)
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
In today's Responsorial Psalm we acclaim: "See how the Lord blesses those who fear him." We are blessed if we walk with the Lord and have the courage to grasp His hand throughout our lives. God doesn't want us to live in fear. The fear we read about in today's psalm-- is less about discomfort and anxiety and more in the reality of awe and reverence.
God's covenant is built on this: the promise of good to those who fear Him. Its healthy fear---a respect for the enormousness of God's loving power. For He is a lavish giver to those who call out to him as "Abba" Father.
I will end today's reflection with this comforting prayer from Rabindranath Tagore titled, "The Grasp Of Your Hand."
Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.
Let me not crave in anxious fear to be saved, but hope for the patience to win my freedom.
Grant me that I may not be a coward, feeling Your mercy in my success alone; but let me find the grasp of Your Hand in my failure.
Take time to reflect today and to be inspired by all that holy fear calls to you in your life... And know that God is near, it's by the grasp of His Hand.