Daily reflection _ reflections and thoughts of the heart

REFLECTIONS AND THOUGHTS OF THE HEART
Touch me with truth that burns like fire, with beauty that moves me like the wind; and set me free, Lord, free to try new ways of living...
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
Once again St. Paul sends the Galatians and us as well, to the heart of the matter: "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love" (Gal 5:6). In today's Responsorial Psalm we acclaim, "Let Your mercy come to me, O Lord" (Ps 119:41a). God's laws, statutes, commandments, ordinances and His divine will, are the path of our lives. We thirst to know it, to accept it, but most importantly to practice it and live it daily. God wants us to understand the depth of His design and rejoice in the execution of doing good work in us and for us as we serve others. It can bring us wisdom and joy through life's journey, but we must make it the love of our lives.
In today's Gospel Acclamation we hear, "The Word of God is living and effective...able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart" (Heb 4:12). True transformation to God our Father happens for us when we work on our own spiritual growth which leads us from loneliness to solitude; from hostility to hospitality and from illusion to prayer. Maybe this prayer from an unknown author will be of help for your reflection time today:
"Touch me with truth that burns like fire"
Lord, send the gift of your Spirit to fill this place and myself and the world. Touch me with truth that burns like fire, with beauty that moves me like the wind; and set me free, Lord, free to try new ways of living, free to forgive myself and others; free to love and laugh and sing; free to lay aside my burden of security; free to join the battle for justice and peace; free to see and listen and wonder again at the gracious mystery of things and persons; free to be, to give, to receive, to rejoice as a child of Your Spirit.
And, Lord, teach me how to dance, to turn around and come down where I want to be, in the arms and heart of Your people and in You, that I may praise and enjoy You forever. Amen.