Daily reflection _ tuesday of the 5th week of Easter

LET US NOT REJECT THIS GIFT
Giving of ourselves is its own reward. It is pleasing to our heavenly Father and at the same time, it brings us abundant blessings in our own lives.  
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
It is written many times throughout the Scriptures that Jesus greeted the disciples with the word "Peace." When we reflect on this, the first reaction of course is that Jesus must think this is a very important gift for us to have. If we all lived in peace, as a nation and as a world, what a different world this would be.
This Easter season is not only a time of celebration, but it is also a time to reflect on the great self-giving that makes this glorious season possible. Jesus Christ went willingly to His death, sacrificing His life for a greater good. Because of that He was raised to New Life.
Giving of ourselves is its own reward. It is pleasing to our heavenly Father and at the same time, it brings us abundant blessings in our own lives. To bring a generous spirit to all our dealings with others can be a joyful, peaceful, and loving experience.
In our Responsorial Psalm we acclaim, "Your friends make known, O Lord, the glorious splendor of Your Kingdom" (Ps. 145:12). By Your works we give thanks!
Blessed Mother Teresa lived a life of faith and this was her prayer:
"Lord:
When I am hungry, send me someone who needs food.
When I am thirsty, send me someone who needs drink.
When I am cold, send someone to be warmed.
When I am distressed, send me some to console.
When my cross is becoming heavy, send me someone with whom to share his cross.
When I am poor, lead me to someone in need.
When I have no time left, send me someone whom I might help for a few moments.
When I am humiliated, help me to find someone to praise.
When I am discouraged, send me someone to encourage.
When I need to be understood by others, send me someone who needs my understanding.
When I need to be cared for, send me someone to care for.
When I only think of myself, attract my attention to someone else."
Do we have the desire to receive peace in our lives? Jesus and Blessed Mother Teresa lived a life of faith that brought them true peace. Every time we prepare to receive the Eucharist, we say the words in today's Gospel of John, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you" (Jn. 14:27).
Let us not reject this gift! Practice one act of compassion for someone today.