Daily reflection _ living a life of faith makes a difference


LIVING A LIFE OF FAITH MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Paul's wisdom presents Christ Jesus as the sure foundation on which to build a life that is whole, healthy, helpful and meaningful. This brings a bright and grace-filled future for self and others.
Deacon John Ruscheinsky
The addict says: I'm an alcoholic, I'm a sex addict, I'm addicted to gambling, and list goes on. Many of those who are addicts know that some behaviors are extremely difficult if not impossible to change. So when one hears the beatitudes and woes in the Gospel today and St. Paul's exhortations to "put to death" a long string of ignoble behaviors, one might say, "Fine, I really want to sign on, but how to get started and do it?" Some even cry out, "please tell me how?" Recovering addicts know a few simple steps. Admit the problem. Sincerely desire to change. Place enormous trust in outside help, knowing that going alone had proven unsuccessful. Where is this outside help? Paul lays the foundation in the first two chapters in his letter to the Colossians, speaking of Christ Jesus and his humble belief in, trust in, and submission to our heavenly Father. Jesus's example means we need to go on our knees and ask God's loving power. God sends us the support of other people in each one's community. They are like God's little angels sent to us at the right moment of our lives.
Paul's wisdom presents Christ Jesus as the sure foundation on which to build a life that is whole, healthy, helpful and meaningful. This brings a bright and grace-filled future for self and others.
Mother Theresa wrote and lived a Life of Faith. Her words, if we listen to them and also live by them will help us on our journey in life and faith as well.
Lord:
When I am hungry, send me someone who needs food.
When I am thirsty, send me someone who needs drink.
When I am cold, send me someone to be warmed.
When I am distressed, send me someone to console.
When my cross is becoming heavy, send me someone with whom to share his cross.
When I am poor, lead me to someone in need.
When I have no time left, send me someone whom I might help for a few moments.
When I am humiliated, help me to find someone to encourage.
When I am discouraged, send me someone to encourage.
When I need to be understood by others, send me someone who needs my understanding.
When I need to be cared for, send me someone to care for.
When I only think of myself, attract my attention to someone else.
WHAT MAKES US DIE, MAKES US LIVE!